Special Program- Parenting in a Pandemic
Are you finding that you need extra support for your family during the Caronavirus Global Pandemic?
Thankfully all the qualities that help with parenting in general, and parenting children with special needs and extra needs (Pssst- this is an EXTRA need) in particular, will SERVE YOUR FAMILY WELL during this global pandemic!
Ready to have the family life of your dreams?
I know you’re ready for a change.
Your family life can be calmer, more conscious, and more connected.
Now you can achieve your parenting goals and realize the family life of your dreams-
contact me today to get started.
JULIET MARCIANO, MD
PCI Certified Parent Coach®
Parents, raising children is not easy.
You won't do it perfectly, because there is no such thing.
But you CAN create connection and calm with your kids.
Hi, I’m Juliet Marciano, PCI Certified Parent Coach®, retired pediatrician, and mother of four (now a teen and young adults; some with special needs).
I help parents reclaim the joy of parenting no matter what challenges they face or struggles they encounter. I support parents of children with special needs, high needs, extra needs, and different needs. I work with parents so that they can have a calmer, more connected, more conscious, and more confident parenting experience.
I BELIEVE that staying calm and being a calming presence in your child’s life is a gift to you and your family.
Do you feel like your parenting experience isn't anything like what you imagined it would be? Do you feel that you don't have anyone who understands the reality of your life?
Worse, do you feel judged by others?
Do you wonder how you will meet the needs of ALL your children when one of them is requiring so much of the family's time and energy and so many emotional and financial resources?
Have you sacrificed your own self-care and now feel like you don't know how you can keep up?
I’ve been there.
I know you’re stressed. I know you’re struggling and overwhelmed. You want a better life. You want to enjoy your time with your children instead of feeling drained by it.
You want to feel calmer and stop worrying about the future, so you can start enjoying the present.
You’re in the right place. In fact, you’re now closer than ever to achieving those goals.
I can help.
Does this sound like you:
- I feel alone and exhausted.
- When my child loses control, I lose control.
- I have no idea how to help my child.
- I feel like a failure, hopeless, discouraged.
- I’m so tired of fighting all the time, with my child, with my spouse, with my family, with the school.
- Nothing works.
- I’m grieving the life I thought I would have.
- This isn’t the parenting experience I envisioned.
- I worry about my child’s future. What will happen to him, who will take care of him, will he be able to be on his own?
- I worry about my child’s behavior. Will she end up in jail, will she end up on drugs, will she hurt herself or others?
- My kids have no respect for any type of boundaries.
- I’m failing at the most important thing I’ll ever do in my life.
I help parents just like you to help yourself and your child develop new brain connections, using current scientific knowledge. Mindfulness, neuroplasticity, problem solving, and the process of understanding and overcoming negative bias and negative thinking are all part of my work.
I show you how to utilize the principles of conscious parenting, and I will help you recognize how you have been conditioned by your own childhood experiences and society.
This is for you if...
- Your child has a challenge, such as Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)/Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD), Learning Disabilities or Learning Challenges, Anxiety, Depression, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, or Disruptive Mood Dysregulation Disorder (DMDD).
- Your child has a physical, mental, emotional, behavioral, or learning difference.
- Your child is described as “spirited,” “extra,” reactive, explosive, “rigid,” or demanding.
- Your child requires extra doctor visits, therapy sessions, school accommodations, special diets, supplements, medications, or parenting strategies.
- Your family is struggling to understand and manage “big emotions” or challenging behaviors.
- Your family is facing challenging circumstances such as a divorce, a parent’s illness, a death in the family, or a change in family living arrangements or family dynamics.
I know you want to make a change
You want to experience more pleasure in your parenting experience.
You want to be less reactive and more responsive.
You want to stay calm and stop yelling.
You want to better understand your children, their developmental levels, and the meaning behind their behavior.
You want to feel a closer connection to your children.
You want to be able to sit quietly and calmly while your children talk to you about their problems.
You want to be able to share your values with your children in a clear and calm manner.
You want to put more happiness and joy in your parenting experience and your encounters with your children.
You want a calm and more joyful family life with less stress and “busyness”.
You want your mornings to be less hurried and your bedtimes to be more peaceful.
You want to be able to take care of yourself.
You want to allow your children to be the unique individuals they are, nurture their growth, and respect them for who they are.
You want to teach and guide your children when they make mistakes, rather than punish them.
You want to stop comparing and competing.
You want your family to “do” less and “be” more.
You want your family time to be more enjoyable and less stressful.
You want your family to learn how to develop a healthy relationship with media and screen technology.
You want your children to recognize your values and respect your boundaries.
I BELIEVE that tough times don’t have to break us down- they can break us open- open to love, growth, and connection.
I can help you connect to your children in a deep and meaningful way...
I can help you with all of your challenges! I know what you are going through.
Working together, I can coach you toward connection-
Connection to your own strengths and values
Connection to your children in a deep and meaningful way- where you recognize and celebrate the uniqueness of each child. You allow them to develop into who they are meant to be and nurture them, instead of push them into your idea of what they should be. You allow your children to explore their talents and interests, rather than follow a path determined by you or society
Connection to the inner being of your child and yourself – to be content “being”, rather than constantly doing; to appreciate the ordinary, the average, and the beauty of everything around you
Connection to a sense of gratitude
Connection to a sense of oneness with others – to appreciate that we are all equal beings
I BELIEVE THAT...
Staying calm and being a calming presence in your child’s life is a gift to you and your family.
Tough times don’t have to break us down- they can break us open- open to love, growth, and connection.
Children need to know that they are ENOUGH and WORTHY OF LOVE- just as they are, right here, right now.
How you parent should be based on who your child needs you to be, not who you thought you would be.
We are constantly growing and changing, and that is something we should welcome and embrace, rather than fear and resist!
Ready to have the family life of your dreams?
Your family life can be calmer, more conscious, and more connected. Let's start today!
Juliet Marciano, MD is a PCI Certified Parent Coach® who has obtained Parent Coach Certification® through the Parent Coach Certification® training program of Parent Coach International.